Wednesday, July 9, 2008

heartbeat

With every creak of hallway doors,
I jump right out of bed.
To see if its at all possible that
It could just be you.
With every phone ring,
I race to hear somebody say:
“I am here, I am well”.
But you are still gone and it’s ok
Because with every sound I hear,
I think of you.
It’s disappointing to hear those useless
Creaks and rings, but I know that
Every time they happen,
I can feel your heartbeat.
That’s enough for me.
Everyday I stop to think of all
The times we spent together.
They make me smile and in my heart
I know that you are smiling at them with me.
Every night when I go to sleep,
I only dream of you.
Cuddled in your clothe,
I feel so comforted by you.
And every day when I wake up,
I miss you very much.
I long for closeness to you.
But you are not here, and it’s ok.
Because I can feel your heartbeat, and
That’s enough for me.
I know that not all dreams come true,
But I know that one-day when I’ll wake up
I will see you right next to me.
At that point,
There will be no more questions or dreams.
For all my dreams would have come true.
All this time I only longed for you,
To see you next to me and
Put my hand on your heart and say:
“I love you”.
All this will be enough for me.


By: Irina Rock-Gilbertson
Aka
Irinni Beninni

No comments: